Friday, August 29, 2008

You've Got To Be Joking! Palin for VP???

Are we being punked?? Or did John McCain really just select Sarah Palin to be his VP? What an obvious pander attempt to woo disenchanted Hillary Clinton voters. I'm going to have faith that the target audience for this ridiculous VP selection won't go for it. I have a good feeling that John McCain just lost the 2008 election. Does he really believe that this is the 2nd most qualified person in a country of 300 million people to be Commander-In-Chief of the United States? This is clearly the worst choice for a running mate in the history of the U.S. and begs the question about John McCain's judgement.

You're putting this woman a heartbeat away from the Presidency, but at the same time trying to make the argument that Barack Obama is not ready to be President? I should say a heartbeat away from the Presidency with a 72 year old President; she REALLY could become the President. She is the Governor of Alaska which has a population of 680,000 people. That's right, the entire state has fewer people than 17 CITIES within the U.S. including Columbus OH, Jacksonville FL, and Austin TX! Sarah Palin has no business being considered for VP. I am having Harriet Miers flashbacks at this very moment. I'm thinking he may have to withdraw this nomination and make another selection from the weak pool of Republican VP candidates. If not, Obama can start putting his transition team together now.

UPDATE: I must be on to something because Ariana Huffington just posted almost the exact same comments I posted about Sarah Palin (after I did). I'm convinced she's using my blog for ideas; well I'm convinced of this in my own fantasy world which is good enought for me:


"Palin is more Harriet Miers -- chosen for all the wrong reasons, and glaringly not up to the task."

"Maybe an anxious nation can offer John McCain a do-over."


LINK TO ARIANA HUFFINGTON'S BLOG POST ABOUT SARAH PALIN

Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment