Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Patrick Leahy - My New Favorite Senator

On my podcast and videoblog I already applauded Leahy's call for a "Truth and Reconciliation" Commission to investigate the details of the Bush Administration's long list of illegal activities; now Leahy is pushing back on Cheney's recent remarks about Obama's ability to protect the United States from terrorists. This is my favorite quote of 2009 so far:

"I just want to say here Bush and Cheney were in charge when the last attack happened," Leahy said. "They were warned about the last attack before it happened. On September 10th their proposal was to cut our counter-terrorism budget substantially. I don't need any lectures from him. They screwed up badly.

"They are also the same people who said the war in Iraq would be over in a couple weeks and we would find the weapons of mass destruction. Their policy was to let Osama bin Laden get away when we had him cornered and send the troops into a useless war in Iraq. No, no, I don't think he has a great deal of credibility."
LINK

OUCH!
Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment