Sunday, October 19, 2008

Powell Endorses Obama!

In what could very well be the final nail in the coffin for the McCain-Palin ticket, Colin Powell today threw his support behind Barack Obama. It was both a ringing endorsement of Obama and a stinging indictment of McCain and Palin. Some key highlights:

On Obama: "He has both style and substance. I think he is a transformational figure," Powell said on NBC's Meet the Press.

"He has met the standard of being a successful president, being an exceptional president."

On McCain: He also harshly criticized some of McCain's campaign tactics, such as the robocall campaign linking Obama to former 1960s radical Bill Ayers.

"I know how you can go after one another and that's good. But I think this goes too far, and I think it has made the McCain campaign look a little narrow. It's not what the American people are looking for."

On Palin: "Now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States." "And so that raised some question in my mind as to the judgment that Senator McCain made."

LINK

Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment